Saturday, July 17, 2010

Hiss-terical Contest

(Pet Store | London, UK)

(It is closing time. I come across a man in the reptile section staring intently at one of our pythons.)


Me: “Sir, just to let you know, the store will be closing in about–”


(The customer silences me and continues to watch the snake.)


Me: “Sir, did you–”


Customer: “I heard you. I’ll be out in a minute. This brat mcan’t last much longer.”


(The snake moves to the side, and so does the customer. It slithers back to its original position and he suite. I notice his eyes are quivering all this time and he hasn’t blinked once.)


Me: “Sir, forgive my asking but are you trying to have a staring contest with Archie there?”


Customer: “Yes.”


Me: “You do know snakes can’t blink, right?”


Customer: Oh, now you tell me? I’ve been challenging this brat for the last ten minutes!”

No comments:

Post a Comment