Saturday, July 10, 2010

Wishy-Washy Analogies

(Call Center | Kentucky, USA)
(I work for a place that sells towing systems.)
Caller: “Yes, I was wondering if my car needs to be there when they install the mounting brackets for the tow-bar?”
Me: “Yes, sir. Since the mounting brackets are installed on your car, you car will need to be there”
Caller: “Why? I don’t understand.”
Me: “Well, sir, the mounting brackets are permanently attached to your vehicle. In order to attach them to your vehicle, we will need your vehicle to be there.”
Caller: “I’m not sure if I follow.”
Me: “Well, sir, say you come to my house so I can wash your car, but you ride your bicycle. Well since your car isn’t there, that means I can’t wash it.”
Caller: “Oh, I get it now…I think.”
Me: “Great, is there anything else I can help you with?”
Caller: “So, you all have to wash my car to do it. That’s why it has to be there!”

No comments:

Post a Comment